When they were first introduced a few decades ago fiberglass doors were so easy to spot they were sort of laughable. Oh how the times have changed. Today’s fiberglass doors are virtually indistinguishable in appearance from their real hardwood counterparts. I say “in appearance” because, while it’s true that today’s fiberglass exterior doors look virtually identical to hardwood doors, they outperform them in just about every other way and have gained a commanding upper hand in the entry door market.
Fiberglass Exterior Doors – The New Standard of Excellence
So how could fiberglass doors move in and become the new standard and why do so many homeowners in Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary swear by them? Here are just some of the reasons:
- Style and Appearance – As mentioned, today’s fiberglass exterior doors can stand toe to toe in the looks department with any other doors on the market. They embrace more sophisticated styling than ever before and the artificial surface textures of today’s doors are as close to natural as is possible to achieve.
- Energy Efficiency – Fiberglass is non-conductive. That means that extreme temperatures won’t seep into your house through the door itself the way they can with wood or metal. Keeping the heat and cold outside means less energy used to heat or cool your home inside. Fiberglass entry doors also seal up tight so you’ll never feel a breeze leaking in around the edges.
- Durability – A major selling point to our customers is the fact their new Weather Pro fiberglass exterior doors won’t ever warp, rot or crack like wooden doors during the brutal Canadian winter. And even if they’ve been pelted with rain, snow and sleet for years they’ll never rust or show the slightest hint of corrosion like a metal door.
- Ease of Maintenance – Not only will fiberglass doors stand up to the worst Mother Nature can throw at them, they’ll do so without requiring any sort of maintenance. Simply hang the door and let it be.
- Versatility – If you’re concerned about matching your new Weather Pro fiberglass door to your home’s existing colour scheme you can buy one that’s been primed and then have it custom stained to achieve a perfect match.
- Security – Fiberglass doors present would-be intruders with a much more formidable obstacle to overcome than a standard wooden door. Your door is only as secure as the frame it hangs on after all and a fiberglass frame is typically stronger than a standard wooden frame. Also, since they don’t rot, neither the door nor the frame will become a security concern over time.
Fiberglass entry doors from Weather Pro provide all the beauty, charm and style you love about real hardwood without the often significant drawbacks. They provide the same high level security of a metal door without conducting heat or cold like metal and they’re more durable and better insulators than aluminum or wood. With all those things going for them it’s no wonder so many homeowners in Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg swear by their fiberglass exterior doors.
About Weather Pro – Windows and doors company in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton.
Weather Pro Windows & Doors has years of industry experience and our goal is to use our expertise to help each and every client that approaches us, whether a first time buyer or a long-time homeowner, to find the perfect windows and doors that meet all their needs. We specialize in Replacement Windows, Vinyl Windows, Entry Doors, Exterior Doors and Patio Doors. Weather Pro Windows and Doors proudly serves the Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina & Saskatoon areas. Follow us on Facebook!