While the choice of new windows and doors for your home will be constrained in part by the architectural style of your house that doesn’t mean there’s no room to be a bit creative. Window and door manufacturers tweak their product offerings all the time so it pays to get up to date with what’s hot and what’s not before laying down your hard-earned money. In this post we’ll look at some of the hottest trends in windows and doors for 2016.
Windows and Doors Regina: What’s Hot for 2016
The right windows and doors can significantly enhance the curb appeal of your home just as surely as the wrong ones can detract from it. Keep these trends in mind when selecting your new windows and doors in Regina and you’ll help ensure your home will look it’s best for many years to come.
– When most people think of expandable doors they think of those metal, accordion style grates used to prevent break-ins. The expandable doors we’re talking about also have an accordion style to them but are large, uninterrupted panes of glass that can fold like Japanese screens to provide you spatial flexibility.
– Concerns about making the most of natural light are the driving force behind the trend toward larger windows. Why turn on the lights in the kitchen at 5 pm if you can delay that until 6 or 6:30 by simply installing larger windows? Larger windows also allow you to enjoy a greater sense of integration between the interior and exterior of your home.
– Metal doors will continue to grab larger and larger market share in the coming year. Homeowners from coast to coast have discovered the enhanced energy savings as well as elevated level of security steel doors provide. They’ve also come around to the reality that no other home improvement project will generate the ROI of installing a metal entry door.
Vinyl Replacement Windows
– While metal doors will continue to make inroads, vinyl windows will do the same when it comes to the replacement window business. Industry experts expect vinyl window sales to increase by as much as 10% this year and continue to nudge wood and aluminum replacement windows further to the edge of relevance.
Wood Will Continue to Fade
– Expect wood to continue its long, slow fade into the sunset. Real wood simply can’t keep up with vinyl and steel when it comes to long-term durability and affordability. Wood is not likely to ever completely disappear from the market but it will continue to morph from the common choice into a prestige choice for affluent homeowners.
If you’re in the market to replace your windows and doors this year call the experts at Weather Pro Windows and Doors Regina. We’ll help you determine if any of today’s hottest window trends are right for you. Whether you’re building your dream house or renovating a classic we’ll make sure the windows and doors you choose will add value, comfort and security to your home.