One of the reasons for obtaining vinyl windows is the ease of how to clean vinyl windows. The many advantages of having vinyl windows is their durability in a variety of harsh weather conditions. However, there are many windows Winnipeg residents simply do not clean properly. We will take you on a step by step sure fire way to clean and assure that your windows are functioning at their highest ability. First you must realize that there are several parts of your window that must be cleaned for it to function properly. Most people only think of cleaning the glass of the window. Let’s get to the steps now.
- First clean on a cloudy day, not a bright sunshiny day. This will prevent the sun from drying the cleaning solution, which causes spots and streaks that are hard to remove.
- Your cleaning solution can be a window cleaner or a mild detergent and lukewarm water.
- Clean one side of the window horizontally and the other side vertically. This makes it easier to know where the streaks are.
- Wash windows from the top down to eliminate the drips that could smear your already cleaned surface.
- If using a squeegee assure that there are no exposed metal edges that could scratch the glass.
- Finally, rinse with clear water and polish with a well washed cotton T-shirt. You can also use crumpled newspaper, the newspaper leaves a film that is resistant to dirt, helping keep your windows clean.
Don’t Forget Those Window Frames
This is an important aspect of assuring that your windows are thoroughly clean, cleaning vinyl window frames. The frames are part of the window as well and can often trap dirt and debris which migrates to the window pane itself. The contamination can also cause your windows to not function properly and eventually cause them to fail completely. It is important to know how to clean your window frames and you begin by using a vacuum to suck up all the loose debris. Be sure to get around the window sill and sash to prevent transfer of contaminants. Next, use a mild soap to wipe down your window frames. One of the perks of vinyl is its ease of cleaning so no harsh chemicals show be used as that they may compromise the integrity of the windows functionality. Next simply rinse with water and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
For your windows to maintain a great functioning ability assure that the rollers and tracks are lubricated each year. Also clean the sill and track at least quarterly to keep the windows working at its highest ability. Finally, don’t forget the screens. They should be cleaned with a soft brush and mild soap and water solution and rinse with clean water. If you perform these steps you will assure that your windows work properly for many years to come.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your vinyl windows the professionals at Weather Pro Windows and Doors will be happy to assist you.