Before you decide to replace the windows in your house you’ll want answers to some key questions. This will help ensure you’re making the right decision to replace your existing windows and that – if you do decide to replace them – you’re choosing appropriate replacement windows. These questions should include:
- Do I really need to replace my windows?
- Should I buy double or triple-pane windows?
- Which manufacturer makes the best windows?
- What is the best material for Calgary?
- What are my financing options?
Questions to Ask Prospective Contractors When Contemplating Window Replacement in Calgary
Once you have answers to your first round of questions and are ready to choose a contractor you’ll want to present them with a different set of questions. These 5 questions are designed to help you determine whether they’re the right contractor for your window replacement project.
- Are they fully licensed and insured? – If they’re not, don’t even consider working with them. Anything that goes wrong will wind up coming out of your pocket and that could include personal injury lawsuits.
- Do they have a proper business address? – If the company address is a post office box, take a pass. No address means no accountability. If they’re serious about what they do they’ll have a proper business address.
- How long have they been in business? – You don’t want to be someone’s first or second window replacement project. The more experience the better as proper window replacement in Calgary comes with its own unique set of challenges.
- Do they have references? – If they don’t, walk away. If they do, follow up with phone calls and pay a visit to some previous customers of theirs. It’s usually well worth it for your own peace of mind.
- Do they guarantee their work? – While the hardware will come with its own warrantee, you should make sure the company guarantees their workmanship as well. Most will for up to a year. If they don’t, consider someone else for the job.
Weather Pro Windows and Doors are the dependable choice for window replacement in Calgary. We’ve been in the business for years and have scores of satisfied customers in the metro Calgary area. Call us today on 403-607-6163 to ask us any and all questions you may have and to schedule an appointment to come in and discuss replacing your old windows and doors with new, energy efficient ones from Weather Pro.